Weekly wrap-up: March 2-8

I've had some doldrums this week. My roommate was gone, I had several days off from work, and that led to the perfect storm of me not really wanting to do anything, even read or blog. I was victim to a complete slump! Things are looking up, though. I feel like I'm on the upwards slope.

Completed:
"The Blue-Haired Boy" (Faking Normal #0.5) - Courtney C. Stevens: 3 stars. Cute back story for Bodee, but I don't think it was entirely necessary.

Currently Reading:
We Were Liars - E. Lockhart. Everybody has been singing this book's praises for months, but...I am bored. I know this is a mystery, but it doesn't seem like it's close to getting solved, and there's no rising tension. I am just...bored.
Grasshopper Jungle - Andrew Smith. I was looking forward to this book for such a long time, but again, I'm a little bored. I'm not wild about Austin's rambly narration, but I do appreciate his pov and insight into the male teenage mind. I have a feeling it will pick up with the giant bugs finally make an appearance, but so far, it's just not doing it for me.
Lola and the Boy Next Door audiobook - Stephanie Perkins. I really wanted to listen to Anna, but my library doesn't have that one in a physical format for audio. So far, I'm really liking it. The narrator has a good voice for Lola, and her inflections for all the male characters is really good.

New to my bookshelf this week:
Library:
Afterparty - Ann Redisch Stampler
Evertrue - Brodi Ashton
Being Sloane Jacobs - Lauren Morrill
Lola and the Boy Next Door audiobook - Stephanie Perkins
Living with Jackie Chan - Johanna Knowles
No One Else Can Have You - Kathleen Hale
Sex & Violence - Carrie Mesrobian
Three - Kristen Simmons
Transparent - Natalie Whipple
Unhinged - A.G. Howard
Unremembered - Jessica Brody

Bought:
"The Blue-Haired Boy" - Courtney C. Stevens. I adored Bodee in Faking Normal so when Courtney told me about the prequel novella, I knew I had to have it!

Giveaways & Contests:
Blurred (Kissed by Death #2) - Tara Fuller. I won this during the YA Scavenger Hunt in October, and it finally arrived! Thank you, Tara!

No comments:

Post a Comment