Weekly wrap-up: March 30 - April 5

Once again, another really good reading week. I'm still struggling with writing reviews, but I think that'll pass as I get all this reading done! Next week, thought, won't be quite so productive in reading as I will be at TLA, but I'm hoping to do a lot of networking. How was your week?

Completed:
The Elite (The Selection #2) - Kiera Cass: 4 stars. Very solid sequel. I was wondering how Kiera could maintain the conflict, but she did it really, really well. I'm very impressed, and I'm only more and more excited for The One next month!
Unremembered (Unremembered #1) - Jessica Brody: 3 stars. Interesting story, but I found the "big twist" to be not so big or twisty. I was like, "Um...duh?"
The Selection Stories (The Selection #1.5/2.5) - Kiera Cass: 4 stars. I've always been Team Maxon, but at least "The Guard" made me like Aspen at all. Well, like him a bit more because he wasn't terrible in The Elite. Good bonus material.
Bad For You (Sea Breeze #7) - Abbi Glines: 1.5 stars. Once again, I've done this to myself. I bought it. I read it (yes, the whole thing). I can't really say why. I just really wish Abbi would go outside the box that she, her fans, and her publisher have trapper her in. The only thing that saves this book is Krit, who I think is really cool.

Reread:
Biggest Flirts (Superlatives #1) - Jennifer Echols: 5 stars. I read this about 7 months ago so it was time to refresh so I could finally type up my review. <3

Currently Reading:
Ignite Me - Tahereh Mafi. I know, I know. How have I made it exactly two months without picking this up OR being spoiled? Beats me, but if you do spoil me, you will henceforth be dead to me for the rest of forever.

New to my bookshelf this week:
Library:
Once again, nothing! Surprised? So am I! Honestly, ever since I moved, it's a lot more difficult for me to get to the library. It's a bit easier when I go visit my sister, but she's been out of town for the past month.

Bought:
All from Amazon
Bad for You (Sea Breeze #7)- Abbi Glines
Better Off Friends - Elizabeth Eulberg
Catching Jordan - Miranda Kenneally
Splintered & Unhinged - A.G. Howard
Red at Night - Katie McGarry


Events Attended:
Girls Gone Sci-Fi tour featuring Jessica Brody, Tamara Ireland Stone, Sophie Jordan & Victoria Scott

3 comments:

  1. I still have yet to read Ignite Me (my library finally had it for me yesterday), so I'm just as surprised as you that I managed to avoid major spoilers.

    Hope you have fun at TLA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unremembered was a very "ehhh" book for me, I loved The Elite and I can't wait to see how that series will end!

    I really LOVED Ignite Me too, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splintered & Unhinged are two that I'm super excited to read!!! I'd like to read Unremembered as well!

    ReplyDelete