Waiting on Wednesday: Not If I Save You First by Ally Carter


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases.



Not If I Save You First
by Ally Carter
Coming March 27, 2018
Scholastic


Summary:
Maddie thought she and Logan would be friends forever. But when your dad is a Secret Service agent and your best friend is the president's son, sometimes life has other plans. Before she knows it, Maddie's dad is dragging her to a cabin in the middle of the Alaskan wilderness.

No phone.
No Internet.
And not a single word from Logan.

Maddie tells herself it's okay. After all, she's the most popular girl for twenty miles in any direction. (She’s also the only girl for twenty miles in any direction.) She has wood to cut and weapons to bedazzle. Her life is full.
Until Logan shows up six years later . . .
And Maddie wants to kill him.

But before that can happen, an assailant appears out of nowhere, knocking Maddie off a cliff and dragging Logan to some unknown fate. Maddie knows she could turn back- and get help. But the weather is turning and the terrain will only get more treacherous, the animals more deadly.

Maddie still really wants to kill Logan.
But she has to save him first.

Why I Want It:
I have adored Ally Carter's work for more than a decade. I immediately wanted to read I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You when my mom took me to a teachers only scholastic sale and I stumbled upon it because, c'mon, that title is pretty great. But the book inside that clever cover had me hooked! Ally's books are fun, adventurous tales populated with badass girls who are badass in so many wonderful ways and totally swoony boys. I haven't recounted in a while, but Ally is my 6th most owned author, and I covet each new story as soon as it's announced!

Why I think you should want it:
See above. And then run—RUN—to the nearest bookstore or library for both the Gallager Girls and Embassy Row series. Ally's books are un-put-downable. They're like watching a season of Burn Notice or Chuck or a James Bond marathon, except this time, girls are at the forefront of the story. Seriously, you'll love them!

4 comments:

  1. I admit that this one intrigues me! Definitely going to be keeping an eye out for it! Hope you thoroughly enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you completely sold me! I love the idea of a James Bond-esque book with a woman in the forefront. I have yet to read an Ally Carter book, but hopefully 2018 is the year!

    Here is my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read an Ally Carter book, but my students always love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am intrigierend by your description of the book. It sounds like a story that can go both ways ... good or bad. I am going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete